Often times there’s no explanation as to why I create a recipe. I think about what herbs and ingredients I have, and then what feeling I would like to get from the product. In this case, it was what ingredients promote self-love? and of course, Roses are #1! my other choices would be jasmine, basil, lemongrass, cinnamon, and neroli oil, but there’s a lot!
For these bath bombs, I wanted to keep it simple. Most people have rose and lavender on hand (if you craft). I try not to use complex ingredients because no one wants to go out and spend money if they don’t have to especially for a one-time recipe.
Rose and Lavender can be used over and over whether it’s petals and buds, oils, essential oils, hydrosols, etc… You can create a lot with those two ingredients.
I also had some rose molds so it worked out perfectly, kind of. The rose mold I used for this I got from SheIn, I don’t recommend it. I love Shein but this mold was quite flimsy and difficult to use. It says “cake mold” but I don’t even know how a cake would hold up in that. Something that probably didn’t help with that is the fact that I used too much rose water.
I was trying to showcase in my TikTik video what to do if the texture gets too dry and ended up making my mixture too wet. That’s okay, it still worked out fine but don’t add any additional water/witch hazel unless the mixture is too dry.
In this recipe, I incorporated french pink clay. French pink clay has wonderful benefits and I was able to use it for this recipe as a natural colorant.
Also, this was my first time using polysorbate 80. Wow! It makes a difference. It’s not mandatory for this recipe to work but it makes it fizzier when you drop them in the tub.
So if you love to watch these fizzle then definitely grab some polysorbate and use it in this recipe!
⋆This post contains affiliated links⋆
- Rose Mold
- Heart Mold
- Measuring Cups
- Polysorbate 80
- French Pink Clay
- Witch Hazel
- Dried Rose and Lavender
- Citric Acid
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oils
- Sweet Almond Oil
Check Out The Video On TikTok!
Rose + Lavender Bath Bombs
- 2 Large Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- 4 Cups Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Citric Acid
- ¼ Cup Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Tbsps. French Pink Clay
- 2 oz Sweet Almond Oil
- 0.7 oz Polysorbate 80*
- 0.5 oz Rose Essential Oil
- 0.5 oz Lavender Essential Oil
- Witch Hazel or Water
- Sprinkle loose rose petals and lavender buds into the molds
- Using a sifter combine Dry Ingredients: Baking Soda, Citric Acid, French Pink Clay, and Himalayan salt in a large bowl and whisk together. (Make sure there are little to no clumps)
- In a separate bowl combine Wet Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Polysorbate 80, Rose EO, Lavender EO together and mix well.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and start mixing together with your hands.
- The texture should be similar to wet sand. It will hold its shape when squeezed in your hand and won't be stiff. (Spritz mixture with water/witch hazel lightly if it's too dry until you get the right texture)
- Fill up your molds and pack in tightly.
- Let your molds sit overnight.
- Pop-out of molds and use right away or save for later.